|Reports To:||Service Manager|
|Department:||Service, Parts, and Rentals|
||Total Energy Systems, LLC is seeking a qualified Service Specialist/Field Service Technician
to work out of our Eden Prairie, MN facility. The Service Specialist/Field Service Technician will possess a level of knowledge regarding generator repair and operation that allows them to perform the tasks below.
|Key Job Accountabilities:||1. Responsible for the efficient, effective, safe, economical use of service department resources to accomplish their job assignment|
2. Perform preventative maintenance on power generator equipment, automatic transfer switches and switchgear.
3. Trouble-shoot and repair problems with generators, automatic transfer switches and switchgear.
4. Perform start-ups on new power generation equipment.
5. Responsible in helping build a customer base in our Minnesota Territory.
6. Answer appropriate customer inquiries satisfactorily and requests help in locating proper
information as necessary to resolve issues.
7. Process required paperwork in a timely manner.
8. Responsible for communicating with customers and management.
9. Responsible for parts inventory on service truck.
10. Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of service truck.
11. Responsible for tracking time and expenses each day.
12. Participation in the rotating responsibility of a 24/7 on-call technician rotation.
13. Perform any other duty of task as may be assigned by the Service Dispatch Manager, Service Manager or Operations Manager
|Skills/Abilities/Requirements/Experience:||1. High School Degree or equivalent |
2. Valid Driver’s License
3. Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
4. The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions finished in written, oral or diagram form.
5. Able to work overtime, some weekends and travel out of town.
6. Self motivated attention to detail and good organizational skills.
7. Able to comprehend and trouble shoot from wiring schematics.
8. Knowledge in A/C and D/C Electrical.
9. Knowledge on the basic workings of a diesel engine.
10. Association with generator equipment for a minimum of two years is preferred.
11. Computer literate and capable of utilizing basic computer functions.
1. This position will be working primarily outdoors traveling to numerous customer locations but also requires work to be done in the shop depending on work load.
2. This position will be frequently working around electricity and other potential hazards.
3. Some lifting will be required.
4. The noise level in the work environment can reach levels where noise protection is required
around power generating equipment.